aled's cyfle

Monday 11 December 2006

Belly's gonna get you!

Posted at 1:56 pm.

Well, maybe not, but with Christmas on its way, mince pies, cakes, chocolate and general high-calorie consumption (with me anyway), I thought I'd mention one of the most innovative uses of the internet I've seen in years. And it's in a Web2.0 vain.

traineo is a community aimed at fitness & weight loss, and you create a profile and monitor your progression to a healthier you. The genius of this is that other people can see your information, and help you by motivating you. There aren't many website dedicated to your fitness available (at least, not for free!), so I can see this thing really taking off - it even as a live counter of the total amount of calories burned by its members!

I heard about it through Techcrunch, and though I haven't signed up to it yet, I'm really excited about it.

As the Techcrunch article mentioned, its not a social networking site in the sense where the goal is to get as many 'friends' as you can get, but to interact with a tight group of buddies to motivate each other.

This is going on my new years resolutions list!

0 comments

Add a Comment