aled's cyfle

Monday 9 October 2006

Presentation

Posted at 8:06 pm.

After starting the blog so well, being a good boy, updating every day, I've fallen short in the last few days. This is kinda on purpose. I've been working on my presentation on Donald Norman, and having presented it today, I'm relieved. I'm not a public speaker, and I was nervous... I think I was a little under-prepared... well, under-practiced anyway. It went better than I expected, which was good.

I really got into the research. Don Norman is a very intelligent man, and I hadn't heard of him until I pulled his name out of the hat. I won't bore any readers (or myself for that) reiterating what I said in the presentation. Its all available on the web. I will say this though... anyone who designs, should take a look at his book, Emotional Design: Why we love (or hate) everyday things. It'll be a good guide to designing anything in the future.

Today we also got our introduction to Digital Storytelling. Gareth had some good advice I hadn't really heard of before about storytelling, something that I studied somewhat in University. We have to think of a two minute (1 page A4) script on a personal subject for a story. More on that tomorrow though.

0 comments

Add a Comment