aled's cyfle

Monday 13 November 2006

Being e-green...

Posted at 9:40 pm.

James has been talking more and more about climate change (and rightly so - how many years before the point of no return!?). He's put up posters in our office, talked about icount, and been to the protest in Trafalgar Square. Its started to make me think more and more about ways of doing what we do in a greener and more eco-friendly way.

I stumbled across treehugger when surfing, and while I remember visiting the site many years ago, I didn't pay much attention to it. Its a magazine about green lifestyle, aimed at all people, not just your stereotypical tree-hugging eco-warrior hippies. As they sum it up, they're:

"dedicated to everything that has a modern aesthetic yet is environmentally responsible."

Great. They've even started hugg. Think of it as an environmentally focussed digg.

Another site I stumbled on when surfing is AISO web hosting - their web hosts are ran by californian sun that shines on their solar panels. Great for 2 reasons - eco-friendly and guarenteed not to crash if there's a power cut.

And lastly in this post (I'm sure I'll write again on this subject) is the Carbon Neutral Company. Now, I haven't looked for its competitiors, so I won't say much, but its a good thing that they help you cutting CO2 emissions and such.

0 comments

Add a Comment