aled's cyfle

Monday 16 October 2006

Maya and 3D

Posted at 5:36 pm.

Earlier than I promised, I have my first 3D animation up on the web... Its a very simple bouncing ball (in very poor quality), rendered from 3 angles and brought into Adobe Premiere for a quick cut.

You don't have flash, so you can't see it

We had our first day of training again, and it started off with a very brief but very interesting history of CGI and 3D, then we moved straight onto Maya's interface. Very very daunting at first, but once we got down to the tools it got earier. I noticed that the complexities of the interface are down to the fact that there are about 3 or 4 different ways of doing things, and therefore 3 or 4 different menus to do the same thing.

We also got our brief today, which is to create a 4-10 sec. ident for a fictional Music TV channel with the tag line: "The future of music here and now". I'm really looking forward for this brief, and I hope that I can create an ident worthy of my own expectations. We shall see.

0 comments

Add a Comment