aled's cyfle

Tuesday 14 November 2006

Joe Clark's Micropatronage

Posted at 4:33 pm.

Patronage: It ain't just for the Medicis anymoreJoe Clark is on a mission, and he needs help. He wants $7777 Canadian to help him live for 4 months while he looks for $7 million Canadian to fund a research project into the four fields of accessibility - captioning, audio description, subtitling and dubbing.

While these aren't strictly for the web, they are for interactive media on a wider scale. I'm not too certain of what exactly the project will do, but it is something to do with standardizing the accessibility fields and running training and certification programs for building accessible things.

I'm too skint to give him any money myself, but I though it would help if I linked to the cause.

thanks to tom coates for drawing my attention to something truly intriguing.

1 comments

Blogger Joe Clark (1:47 pm):
Re-check the Open & Closed homepage. Should be clearer now. (Week 1 of a new site is always a tad rocky.)

I appreciate any kind of support, be it moral or financial.

Add a Comment