aled's cyfle

Thursday 16 November 2006

Loggr...

Posted at 10:47 pm.

This week has been hard - I've been trying to split my time between our dreamweaver brief and our lunch-hour mockup brief... unsuccessfully. I've noticed I've been working way past the 9-5 hours we do in the office, just to finish in time (I hope). It made me think how truly poor I handle my time, and that the work I do (in a real-world situation) would mean that I'd charge a lot of $$$ (freelance work, for example), or undercharge myself.

As I wondered about this issue, i stumbled upon modernlifeisrubbish.co.uk, Stuart Brown's slice of the web pie (through Mei Gwilym's post-cyfle Welsh-language blog). Stuart had been using software packages to track his time, all of which got him a little pissed off because they were'nt easy to use. His solution? Build his own time-management/timesheet application. That became Loggr.

Despite its tedious Web 2.0 name (he agrees), it is and does exactly what it says - its a dead simple AJAX timesheet app. That's right, AJAX. The beauty of it is its simplicity - no signups, nothing stored - all it is is a webpage containing code that keeps track of your time. It can save it (using cookies) and print it.

Words cannot express how impressed I am with this - I only with it had a way of storing what I did in the work and take it home with me - maybe this is something that will come.

0 comments

Add a Comment