aled's cyfle

Monday 29 January 2007

Mind Mapping heaven

Posted at 9:36 am.

I've discovered that in this kind of work, planning a project well is crucial. An important part of this is brainstorming and writing it down on a piece of paper.

I get frustrated when I realise that I've written something on one side of the paper that needs to be linked to the other, and even though I know I shouldn't worry about it, I often start again, which wastes valuable time.

I had briefly searched the web to find any software that would do it for me, and all I could find was shareware software that produced, at best, unattractive and confusing mind maps.

But now through Lifehacker, I've found bubbl.us - a service that provides a flash interface for you to build a mind map of your own, save it, and load it up again later. Brilliant! The only drawback as far as I can see so far is that it has no printing facility other than Flash's built-in functions, which makes it a little harder to document what you've built.

I can see myself using this on every project from now on, yipee!

0 comments

Add a Comment